Applied Driving Techniques (ADT) provides award-winning road-risk and driver-incident reduction consultancy services.
ADT audits fleet risk and manages risk reduction for companies across the globe, working with clients to ensure that they are operating within the law; that they are fulfilling their duty of care; and that their fleet is managed with minimum risk and maximum cost efficiency.
Ashfield Healthcare (part of the Global UDG Group) is an international healthcare services provider, providing services to support the pharmaceutical industry and healthcare professionals. It works with the top 20 global pharmaceutical companies, and has around 6,000 employees worldwide, of whom 1,400 are at-work drivers. ADT administers a fully managed duty-of-care driver risk-management solution for Ashfield Healthcare.
How has Ashfield Healthcare approached eye-test screening?
Ashfield Healthcare has ensured that its driver safety policy and handbooks:
- are based on a very clear understanding of the importance of eye care and having regular eye tests;
- are based on a very clear understanding of internal procedures regarding eye health, e.g. where an employee can find their free eye-test voucher, how to use it, etc.; and
- contain very clear guidance to employees.
An online risk-assessment process (which also provides an important audit trail if a crash does occur) is undertaken annually with all drivers as part of ADT’s service. As part of the process, drivers are asked when they last had an eye test.
The risk-assessment process includes screening to verify that the driver has undertaken the necessary eye test in the last two years (along with other medical and driving and vehicle-related risks).
“Ashfield Healthcare has ensured that its driver safety policy and handbooks are based on a very clear understanding of the importance of eye care and having regular eye tests.”
There is a clear notification process for employees who have not had an eye test in the last two years:
- ADT informs Ashfield Healthcare’s fleet department via its scheduled reporting method; and
- Ashfield’s fleet department emails the employee, detailing the importance of having an eye test with reference to the driver safety policy.
+44 (0) 800 023 2398