The fourth event in the new Essentials of fleet safety webinar series took place on Wednesday 4 September. The Essentials of Fleet Safety is a series of five, 60-minute webinars to give champions the essential elements of running a fleet safety programme. The webinars are based on the five pillars of the Global Fleet Champions campaign.
The fourth event in the series focused on journey routing and modal choice and was sponsored by Verizon Connect.
At the webinar delegates learnt about :
- important factors to consider when planning journeys;
- tools you can use to help you make complex choices; and
- how to eliminate or reduce the need to move people or goods by considering other alternatives.
A recording of the webinar is available to view here.
The next webinar in the series focuses on the vehicle procurement and maintenance pillar and will discuss:
- the key elements of safe vehicle purchasing and replacement procedures;
- about the importance of ongoing vehicle maintenance; and
- the daily checks drivers can undertake to identify any problems with their vehicles before driving them.
The webinar will take place on Thursday 7 November, book your free place here.