24 March 2022
2pm - 3pm NZDT
Every road death and injury is a preventable tragedy, and the best way to prevent them is by designing roads, vehicles and policies in such a way that human error doesn’t lead to death or serious injury. This design philosophy is known as the ‘safe system’ approach to road safety, and there are lots of ways that fleets can support and adopt this approach.
This webinar will cover:
- the principles of the safe system approach
- how designing roads, vehicles and policies for people can help to reduce deaths and injuries
- measures that you can implement to help ensure your drivers and vehicles stay safe on the road
- how you can help raise the profile of key road safety issues and a Vision Zero/safe system approach across the transport industry.
This year Road Safety Week NZ takes place in May. It has the theme Be a road safety hero, celebrating those who work to make our roads safer including road engineers, road safety professionals, emergency services and campaigners. It will also highlight the part we can all play in making roads safer. This webinar will also provide information on how to join in with the week.
Who should attend?
Representatives of any organisation in the world that employs people who drive for work, including:
- fleet managers
- health and safety managers
- transport managers
- HR professionals
The webinar is also relevant for road safety NGOs, fleet suppliers, insurers, fleet risk management and driver training providers.
This webinar is sponsored by Road Safety Week 2022 sponsors: