4 September 2019
The Essentials of Fleet Safety is a series of five, 60-minute webinars to give champions the essential elements of running a fleet safety programme. The webinars are based on the five pillars of Global Fleet Champions: Driver behaviour, Incident analysis and intervention, Vehicle procurement and maintenance, Journey routing and modal choice, and Community outreach.
Essentials of Fleet Safety 4 is about journey routing and modal choice.
From a risk perspective, the best journey is one that doesn’t happen at all. The second-best journey is one that happens by the safest and most environmentally friendly mode, carrying people and goods as efficiently as possible. By making intelligent choices about routes and modes of transport, organisations can reduce their exposure to risk and lower vehicle emissions.
In this webinar you will learn about:
- important factors to consider when planning journeys;
- tools you can use to help you make complex choices; and
- how to eliminate or reduce the need to move people or goods by considering other alternatives.
- ‘Why do we need safe journeys’ by Emma MacLennan, Managing Director at EASST
- ‘Tools to make journey routing simple’ by Gary Taylor, Managing Partner at Verizon Connect
- ‘What to consider when planning journeys’ by Rick Walters, Fleet Safety Programme Manager at Road Safety at Work
- ‘Other ways to move people and goods’ by Gary Armstrong, Director at European Cycle Logistics Federation
Who should attend?
Representatives of any organisation that employs people who drive for work, including:
- fleet managers
- health and safety managers
- transport managers
- HR professionals
The webinar is also relevant for road safety NGOs, fleet suppliers, insurers, fleet risk management and driver training providers.
Want to attend but can’t make this time? Sign up anyway to be sent a link to the webinar recording.
Sponsored by Verizon Connect.