10 October 2019
Driving requires the full attention of the driver. Hazards can arise at any time, and vehicles can travel a considerable distance in the short amount of time it takes a driver to notice and react to a danger. A moment’s distraction can have fatal consequences. Anything that draws the driver’s attention away from the road – through sight, sound, thought or physical action – is a distraction. Preventing driver distraction is one of the most important things that fleet managers can do to make their workforce safer.
Our academic and practitioner speakers will discuss:
- why distraction is an important road safety issue, and why drivers get distracted;
- the addictiveness and distractions of different technologies;
- policies to help reduce driver distraction;
- measures to help employers identify drivers who may be at risk of being distracted; and
- measures to raise awareness of distraction through education and communication programmes.
Who should attend?
Representatives of any organisation that employs people who drive for work, including:
- fleet managers
- health and safety managers
- transport managers
- HR professionals
The webinar is also relevant for road safety NGOs, fleet suppliers, insurers, fleet risk management and driver training providers.
Want to attend but can’t make this time? Sign up anyway to be sent a link to the webinar recording.
Sponsored by Lytx.