03 March 2020
10:30am - 3:30pm
Driving is one of the most dangerous activities you ask your employees to do. The impact of a fatal or serious road crash involving one of your vehicles – on your organisation, employees and the victims – cannot be understated. Good crisis management after a crash can help reduce the trauma experienced by employees and victims, and limit damage to your organisation. This seminar will help you understand how to respond to serious road crashes in an effective, timely and compassionate manner.
This training course for fleet and HR managers is about how an organisation can provide support after a road crash or other sudden, violent event. The training covers:
- practical and procedural issues following a sudden death or serious injury;
- possible commercial and legal implications for your organisation;
- how to look after the welfare of all those involved in and affected by the incident;
- the roles and responsibilities of professionals who work with bereaved and injured people;
- what you can do to support your employees, and the limitations of your support;
- what you should communicate to other employees; and
- how to create a crisis response team.
10am – 10:30am Registration and refreshments
10:30am – 10:35am Introduction and welcome by Sarah Plumb, senior fleet officer at Brake, the road safety charity and David Jones, Communications Manager at Alphabet GB Limited
10:35am – 11:15am The costs of a crisis presented by Andy Wolrich, Director and Founder at Wolrich Consulting
11:15am – 11:20am Q&A
11:20am – 12:00pm Providing support presented by Peter Milchard, Board Member at ICFM (Institute of Car Fleet Management)
12:00pm – 12:05pm Q&A
12:05pm – 1:00pm Networking Lunch
1:00pm – 1:40pm Post-crash responding presented by David Higginbottom, CEO at Driver First Assist
1:40pm – 1:45pm Q&A
1:45pm – 2:25pm Learning from the incident presented by Simon Lane, Accident reconstruction consultant at TRL
2:25pm – 2:30pm Q&A
2:30pm – 2:45pm Mid afternoon break
2:45pm – 3:25pm Writing a crisis response plan presented by Glen Davies, Transport & Logistics Specialist at AtoH Solutions
3:25pm – 3:30pm Q&A
3:30pm Closing remarks
BMW Group UK Campus
How to get to the venue
Location map with directions can be viewed here. Parking is available.
This is a free event.
This event is sponsored by Alphabet GB Limited.